Courtesy of the Mayo Clinic.
Some of these are no brainers:
- Don’t use tobacco
- Eat a healthy diet
- Maintain a healthy weight and exercise
- Protect yourself from the sun
- Get you immunizations
- Avoid risky behaviors
- Get a regular medical exam
Seems simple yet:
- 1:6 people still smoke
- 75% of Americans are considered overweight
- 43% of teenagers didn’t use a condom on their last encounter
- 5.4 Million cases of skin cancer per year
- Screening rates are low: cervix 80%, colorectal 58% and breast 73%
Easier said than done, but be aware on how you can cut cancer risks and if you can implement these simple, and some not so simple, you can reduce your cancer risks.